Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Tiger Woods Nike, Debut

This is my take on Tiger Woods and his new Nike commercial which debut today, April 7, 2010. So let’s get to it. After all the allegations, the news of the scandals, and the loss of support from sponsors and fans, Tiger Woods debuted the newest Nike commercial. This was something we all expected but not in this way. The commercial had absolutely nothing to do with his golf career and all to do with his public image. The late Earl Woods voice is heard saying “Tiger, I am more prone to be inquisitive, to promote discussion," Earl Woods says. "I want to find out what your thinking was. I want to find out what your feelings are. Did you learn anything?"

First of all BRAVO Nike BRAVO… you did what Gatorade couldn’t, you hung right in there right beside Elin and for the same reasons as she did. You stayed because you were emotionally and financially invested in Tiger. Lets be honest, was anyone playing with Nike clubs before Woods started winning his majors? I didn’t think so; Nike values Woods as an asset and more so as an icon people that’s why they buy Nike instead of Titleist when it comes down to it.

Back to the commercial, Tiger, I personally think you could have done better. You again failed to open your mouth, instead you allowed your father to talk for you. Like a little kids who gets caught doing something wrong and needing the parent to step in and do something about it. If you win The Masters everyone will forget Tiger Woods is a cheater. I mean everyone forgot about the Kobe Bryant rape situation after he began to start winning again. Good luck Tiger Woods, I really do hope you win the Masters just to prove my point. I believe as long as he keeps himself out of restaurants (So he won’t be tempted ask a waitress for her number) he’ll be fine.

Here is a helpful link to view the video of Tiger Woods Nike Debut.

No comments:

Post a Comment